The super sweet ladies at Betrothed Babies Blog nominated me for this award and I have to be really really honest. I was having the worst day. A dig down deep into your soul and reach out for grace kind of day. So thank you ladies for bringing a smile to my face!
The Liebster award is passed from blogger to blogger to get recognition for new or smaller blogs. (Blogs with <200 followers) When you’re nominated for the award, you have some rules to follow:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions the blog give you
- Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions to answer
So, I have been nominated for this award before, but I am totally going to do it again because I love it!
11 Random Facts About Myself:
- I love peanut butter! But only if it has no/low sugar. I don’t like sweet peanut butter.
- My big sister and I have birthdays one day (and nine years) apart.
- There are seventeen years between my oldest and youngest sister. Although it’s a big gap, I love the way our family is formed and it makes me really happy that we are now all in similar stages of life.
- I am a terrible swimmer. I can swim, but not much beyond enough to save myself.
- Christmas Eve is my favorite holiday. All the excitement about Santa is running through the air. There is just a certain magic about Christmas Eve.
- Growing up, my best friend lived on my street. Every day we met “halfway.” We’d spend our summers walking around the block talking about who knows what. We definitely walked well over 5 miles a day.
- My childhood dog was a Westie named Scooter. He was the laziest dog ever, but barked like crazy at every boyfriend I ever brought home – except my husband 🙂 Scooter approved of him apparently!
- I bake nearly every dessert from scratch. Except Funfetti cake. I just love Pillsbury’s version, no matter the chemical soup that is that recipe. I just love theirs best.
- I taught elementary school for four years. Those kids were my babies and I think about them all the time. We have since moved from that state, but oh I wish I could have watched them all grow!
- Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie of all time. I have a Wizard of Oz themed bachelorette party!
- I sing all day. I love to sing. I am not the best singer, but Cupcake doesn’t know that yet, so she asks me to sing all day. It’s the best!
Questions for me to answer:
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? I’d eat pizza! So many different topping options which can totally make pizza work for everything from breakfast to dessert!
- What is your favorite childhood memory? It’s impossible to pick one favorite, but one of my favorite memories was going to see the Olympics in 1996. We went to go see track and field and during one part of it, they played the macarena on the loud speaker. It was amazing to be doing the macarena with people from all over the world! It was amazing.
- Describe the best vacation you’ve ever been on. The best vacation I ever went on was when Chris and I went to Puerto Rico. We got engaged during sunrise on our first morning. We spent the rest of the trip just the two of us going on some amazing adventures. It was perfect.
- Are you a dog or a cat person? Dog, but I own two cats!
- If you had to change your career, what would you pick? I don’t know! I loved being a classroom teacher, but also love being a work at home mom now. If I had to do something else, maybe I would be a children’s book author.
- Which famous person (living or dead) would you like to have lunch with and why? Jesus. I don’t think a why is needed.
- What’s your biggest pet peeve? Being late. I hate it!
- If you could have one super power, what would it be? To calm people down instantly.
- You had the worst day at work – what’s the one thing that will make you feel better? Chips and guacamole with my sweetie.
- If you had to lose one of your senses, which one would you pick and why? If I could maintain my sense of taste, then I would pick smell. My sense of smell is way off the charts and it’s actually really difficult as it makes me really sensitive.
- What’s the first thing you would do if you won a million dollars? Contact a financial advisor!
I am going to nominate the following blogs:
Since I’ve been nominated for this award before, I also invite anyone who is reading to participate along with us! It’s a great way to get to know some new faces in the blogging world.
Here are the questions for them to answer.
- What was the last thing you ate?
- If you had to give your high school self one piece of advice, what would it be?
- You just won the award for being the best *blank*. What award did you win?
- What is your most prized material possession?
- Who is the best cook you know and what is the best thing they make?
- If you won an all expense paid vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Where is your happy place?
- Are you more of a glass half full or glass half empty person?
- When you wake up in the morning, what is the first thing that you do?
- Which season do you like best?
- Where do you do most of your blogging from?
Hope you all have as much fun as I did! For anyone joining in, please leave your link here so I can read your answers!