As part of my 2015 resolutions, I post my status each month to keep myself accountable for the goals I set for myself!
Ugh. I am SO late on this. The holiday craziness has set in and while I am totally loving it, I am definitely having less time these days!
Now, on to my goals.
1. Design 2015 budget goals with husband to reflect past spending and current saving goals.
My goal was to set a budget for the two week vacation we had in November. We did wonderfully! We were able to eat out and with all of the saving we’ve been doing all year, I even managed a great surprise for my hubby’s 30th birthday. We got massages, went out to his favorite upscale restaurant, and then spent a night at a hotel while my sister watched Cupcake. It was HEAVEN!
My goal for December is to stick to our holiday budget and hopefully even come out a little under. I’ve been making many gifts from scratch, so I am excited to see how well we do!
2. Go to the gym (or workout at home) a minimum of four days a week.
No. Just a big no. It’s cold and I have no motivation. I am my own worst enemy here. I think it was too big of a goal for me with no gym membership or warm weather to go out in!
3. Reduce my PR of a 9 min mile pace to an 8 minute mile.
I completed a 7:57 mile in April. This goal is complete!
4. Try one new recipe a week and blog about it.
I am putting this officially on the back burner. I hope to return to this in 2016!
5. I want to continue nursing Cupcake through 2015, unless she chooses to wean earlier.
CHECK! We did spend one night away as mentioned above, but otherwise we’re trucking along just fine!
6. Visit my grandma every week before our move. Call her every week after we move.
We got to see her in PERSON twice this month, which was awesome! I LOVED it!
7. Text/call/email a different friend every day to keep communication open.
8. I will cut my monthly consumption of soda.
I had no soda in November.
9. Subscribe to FlyLady Emails. Complete tasks to maintain clean and decluttered home.
My goal for November was to continue to work on my cleaning schedule as we have several visitors coming for a weekend this month and I want to be on top of the situation so there isn’t a mad dash to clean the house. I was successful and had a clean house!
My goal for December is to manage the holiday craziness and keep the house in order for the many events we have.
10. Reduce time spent watching TV
My goal for November revolved around trying to find ways to get Cupcake involved in the cooking process on some evenings so that way I can eliminate that TV block! She has become quite a good cook and helps often. I will post a blog about this soon!
My goal for December is to start researching activities for the cold winter months so we do not rely on TV once winter hits!
11. Post progress each month on the above goals.
A few days late, but check!