As part of my 2015 resolutions, I post my status each month to keep myself accountable for the goals I set for myself!
1. Design 2015 budget goals with husband to reflect past spending and current saving goals.
My goal for June was to get to know my new town and figure out the grocery stores. I really prefer being able to feed our family organic foods whenever possible, but that ain’t always easy on a budget. Thankfully, I’ve tried all of the local places and have a pretty good handle on how to handle our shopping.
My goal for July is to reset our budget given the fact that my sweet hubby is now officially a resident! There is something to be said for earning a paycheck ;). I want to change our budget limitations and figures to reflect this change!
2. Go to the gym (or workout at home) a minimum of four days a week.
I am finding this a big challenge. I chase after Cupcake all day and find it hard to find time to workout. In July, I am going to take a step back and make it a goal to workout at least two days a week. Hopefully from there I can build back up.
3. Reduce my PR of a 9 min mile pace to an 8 minute mile.
I completed a 7:57 mile in April. This goal is complete!
4. Try one new recipe a week and blog about it.
Well, I did a ton of cooking this month and also launched a new blog aimed at children’s activities in the area. This ate (pun intended) into my time. I just need to find the time to post all the things I’ve been cooking up!
5. I want to continue nursing Cupcake through 2015, unless she chooses to wean earlier.
6. Visit my grandma every week before our move. Call her every week after we move.
Our phone calls haven’t been the same as seeing her in person, but they will do! I am excited to go home in a few weeks so I can see her!
7. Text/call/email a different friend every day to keep communication open.
I have put a lot of time into making new connections in our new home. I will need to find a better way to balance out building new friendships with maintaining those from home.
8. I will cut my monthly consumption of soda.
My goal for June was to have no more than ten 8-ounce servings of soda in June. I had exactly ten.
My goal for July will be to have no more than nine 8-ounce servings.
9. Subscribe to FlyLady Emails. Complete tasks to maintain clean and decluttered home.
My June goal was to resubscribe and start tackling tasks in this new home. I am loving the layout of our new place. I find it much easier to maintain!
My goal for July is to reorganize our storage in the basement. When we moved we put all of Cupcake’s old clothes in bins. I also received a ton of hand me downs from my niece. When we moved, it got all out in a closet. My goal is to reorganize the whole storage system we have.
10. Reduce time spent watching TV
My goal for June was to limit my TV to the following items:
- News (no more than 30 minutes a day)
- Game of Thrones
- The Wire
- Sesame Street or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (an episode if its a rainy day for Cupcake)
I was able to do this. My goal for July is to limit TV to news, an episode of a show for Cupcake of it’s raining or she’s sick, an no more than 2 movies.
11. Post progress each month on the above goals.
Right about now I am wishing that I had not made it a goal to post my status, because May was terrible. April was bad enough, but May just was terrible. Now that we are FINALLY moved into our new home several states away, I feel like I can get back to blogging and the goals I set out for myself. I cannot change the past; I can only change the future. Here is recommitting myself to these goals for the remainder of the year!