As part of my 2015 resolutions, I post my status each month to keep myself accountable for the goals I set for myself!
1. Design 2015 budget goals with husband to reflect past spending and current saving goals.
My goal for May was to make our move as cost-effective as possible. We set a budget and ended up being UNDER by a good amount. Yahoo!
June is really all about getting settled into our new town. I will be looking into different grocery stores in the area to try and determine how I can feed my family healthy foods that are affordable.
2. Go to the gym (or workout at home) a minimum of four days a week.
Big no, unless you count packing as a workout, and then it is a big yes haha.
3. Reduce my PR of a 9 min mile pace to an 8 minute mile.
I completed a 7:57 mile in April. This goal is complete!
4. Try one new recipe a week and blog about it.
Big no. Now that we have moved, we have a BEAUTIFUL gas stove. I am SO excited for all the new recipes I will get to try in the upcoming weeks!
5. I want to continue nursing Cupcake through 2015, unless she chooses to wean earlier.
Check! Still going very strong. This girl shows no sign of being ready to wean anytime soon. She still nurses at least once a night (often 2x) and so many times throughout the day I can’t keep count! I still nurse pretty much on demand, so I am pretty confident that we have awhile left! 🙂
6. Visit my grandma every week before our move. Call her every week after we move.
Break my heart into a million pieces. This was a check, but oh so very hard saying goodbye to her when we left. I think I saw her three times in a four day period. She was so sad. I was so sad.
7. Text/call/email a different friend every day to keep communication open.
8. I will cut my monthly consumption of soda.
My goal for May was no more than three 8-ounce servings a week. One week I was unsuccessful, but the others I was way below.
For June, my goal will be about a monthly total. I will have no more than 10 8-ounce servings of soda in June.
9. Subscribe to FlyLady Emails. Complete tasks to maintain clean and decluttered home.
Did not complete emails in May due to moving. My goal for May was to declutter through the moving process and did we EVER.
Our moving company gave us an estimate of how many pounds of stuff they thought we had. We had three quotes from moving companies that all put us within a small range (impressive how similar they all were actually). We then set out to have multiple tag sales, donated dozens of boxes of household items and clothes and threw out a ton we no longer could use. We managed to come in at 3000 lbs LESS than anyone estimated! Wahoo!!!!!!!!! I consider this a check just for that!
My June goal is to resubscribe and start tackling tasks in this new home!
10. Reduce time spent watching TV
My May goal was to only watch something I have on the DVR (unless another major news situation pops up). This will reduce TV time by eliminating the time I spend watching commercials. This was a check!
As a family effort to reduce TV, we significantly cut back on our cable subscription. We now only get a handle of channels (mostly news stations and PBS). The one problem—somehow our company decided to gift us with FREE HBO! What a temptation. Admittedly, my husband and I quickly got all caught up on Game of Thrones (my favorite!) and started to watch The Wire (how could we not, now that we live in the Baltimore area?!).
My goal for June will be to limit my TV to the following items:
- News (no more than 30 minutes a day)
- Game of Thrones
- The Wire
- Sesame Street or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (an episode if its a rainy day for Cupcake)
11. Post progress each month on the above goals.
Right about now I am wishing that I had not made it a goal to post my status, because May was terrible. April was bad enough, but May just was terrible. Now that we are FINALLY moved into our new home several states away, I feel like I can get back to blogging and the goals I set out for myself. I cannot change the past; I can only change the future. Here is recommitting myself to these goals for the remainder of the year!